Stability At Home
The core purpose of Stability at Home is to help improve comprehensiveness of client care, while shifting care away from expensive and non-specific hospital emergency rooms and toward a model enabling those suffering from mental illness to have their crises treated—often proactively—in their own homes and/or in the community (as rendered by focused service providers across Long Island). In addition, the Stability at Home program provides bridging services for those consumers residing in an inpatient hospital or nursing home so they can successfully transition into community living. Due to the short-term nature of the program, the Stability at Home team creates a “warm hand-off” to a Health Home Care Coordinator to continue working with the consumer long-term.
Stability at Home is designed to help those consumers with:
- A Serious Mental Illness (SMI)
- Not currently enrolled in a Health Home and recipients of Medicaid.
- Minimum age is 18
- Residing in Nassau and Suffolk County
Stability at Home consists of a multi-disciplinary team made up of:
- Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Nurses
- Social Workers
- Care Managers
- Peer Specialists
…to provide short-term clinical assistance to consumers that struggle with utilizing the supports in the community independently.
The goals of the Stability at Home program are to:
- Connect the consumer to a Health Home
- Increase their community stability through community based referrals
- Increase the consumer’s self-efficacy
- Increase awareness of the consumer’s personal support network to better assist the consumer
- Reduce hospital use for crisis intervention through in-home services
- Support up to 45 days
For additional information please contact:
Kristie Schwarz, MA, Program Director
CN Guidance & Counseling Services, Inc.
55 West Ames Court, Plainview, NY 11803
Tel: (516) 822-6111 ext. 2255
Fax: (516) 396-0566