Are you thankful for someone who has helped you this year?
Most of us have been living through challenges due to the consequences of COVID-19. Through this trying time, every one of us has leaned on one or more people in our network of family and friends for help, a shoulder to cry on, or just someone to talk to. We are all thankful for someone who has been there for us during the pandemic.
CN Guidance & Counseling Services has seen first-hand the terrible toll that the virus has taken on many Long Islanders’ mental health. To support the nonprofit organization’s mission of helping individuals fight mental health and substance use issues, CN Guidance & Counseling Services has launched its first-ever Thankful for You initiative. It is easy to participate.
Hashtag & Help
Leading up to the Thanksgiving holiday in the spirit of thanking others, here is how you can get involved:
1. Identify someone in your life who has helped you during 2020.
2. Share your appreciation for this person on social media and include the following in your post:
- Thank and tag this special someone
- Explain how this person has helped you
- Include a photo of this person
- Use the hashtag: #Thankful4U
- To use our Facebook banner frame to post a photo of you and your special someone, please access it here and type: #Thankful4U.
Due to limitations as a result of COVID-19, this is CN Guidance’s only fundraiser for 2020. If you are able to do so, kindly make a donation of $25.00 in this special someone’s name. Please click here to donate. This step in the initiative is voluntary.
Hour of Hope
Thursday, November 19th
On Thursday, November 19th, 2020 at 6pm EST, CN Guidance & Counseling Services will culminate the Thankful for You initiative with an Hour of Hope; a free presentation event to enjoy. Hour of Hope will include:
- A time to be grateful: Appearance by some Thankful for You participants
- Helpful tips from a CNG mental health expert, who will discuss:
–Things You Can Do Today to Alleviate Stress & Anxiety
–How to DeStress During the Holidays
–Effective Techniques to Cope in 2020
–Key Ways to Take Care of Yourself
- Information on CN Guidance & Counseling Services’ mental health and substance use programs and how the organization has been helping the community this year
Please Register Below
to Attend Hour of Hope
If you are interested in becoming a Thankful for You sponsor, please find information on our sponsorship packages here.
Or you can make a general donation to CN Guidance & Counseling Services to help the organization fund their critical mental health and substance use treatment programs, by accessing this link CNGuidance.org. All donations are tax-deductible.
CN Guidance & Counseling Services
Established in 1972, the purpose of CN Guidance & Counseling Services, a nonprofit organization, and one of only a select few state Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics on Long Island, is to inspire and catalyze recovery for people living with mental health and substance use conditions through innovative and person-centered integrated clinical treatment, counseling, housing and support services—empowering those served to live healthy and fulfilling lives.